World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gattaca (Part 2)

+20
Irene608
Jamie620
Richard614
vicky610
Sophie615
sierra612
callie616
Jenna624
Bella628
Doris605
sun618
Ellen09
susan619
Molly613
Linda627
star622
shirley621
Rebecca604
Sara607
MR. DUKES
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gattaca (Part 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gattaca (Part 2)

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:54 pm

But if we had this kind of technology to use in the world, I would definitely use it. Actually I strong recommend that every couple would do. In the movie, natural babies have a high possibility to have all kinds of diseases because of the general environment. The hero is really lucky because he only has high possibility of heart problem. Life is not too cruel for him because he does not die before he has the chance to go into the space. What if his heart disfunctioned before he had all the chances to know the doctor? Or what if he was born a retard? Not to mention to go into the space, he wouldn't even able to take care of himself because of his disease. If I was a mother and had a baby like this, I would no doubt take responsibility for him. But since there is a way that I can guarantee the baby's health and everything, why would I risk his whole life only for my so-called "mother's love"? I don't need to prove that I would still love him even if he had all shortcomings, as a mother, all I would need to do is to give him a good start of his life.

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

Gattaca (Part 2) - Page 2 Empty Re: Gattaca (Part 2)

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Vincent challenges his life because he is confident in himself and he believes that he can do something. He dreams of going into the space and he works for it.

Science can predict a person's future ability to a large extent, by statistics and analysis. But statistics don't act, people do. Science prediction can be a guide to a person's future, but it never determines. People change. We can't have blind faith in science, because the future is in our own hands.

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2