World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

William Wallace (Braveheart)

+17
Richard614
Ellen09
Rebecca604
Sara607
susan619
star622
Anna!!!
Bella628
Irene608
Doris605
shirley621
Jenna624
Molly613
sierra612
sun618
victor625
Admin
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

William Wallace (Braveheart) - Page 2 Empty Re: William Wallace (Braveheart)

Post  vicky610 Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:07 pm

For part 2

Wallace fought for Scotland, out of his love for the land and the people on it, especially for his lost wife. He had faith and mind, both strong enough to lead the men to freedom. Perhaps every man has his weakness. Wallace laid unreasonably much faith, or confidence, on Bruce. Bruce was a good man also with passion, one- day-lasting passion, or half? He was too irresolute, having not the courage to do what he wanted. Maybe he himself didn’t know what his want was. He could foretell what would happen, but he didn’t lay a finger on it. This man was rather contradictory.
Perhaps Wallace was in dismal at the end of the movie. Was there any possibility that he could escape? Well, according to his legendary past, I think this is possible. But he didn’t try. His choice was to burn his life to make the word shining -- freedom. He knew his death would touch the deepest part of some people, and lighten the hope hidden there.
It is indeed a good movie, not about hero, but about common people. Wallace is not doomed to be a hero. The whole story is about people’s love, passion, misery and choice. Speaking frankly, it is too bloody. However, worth watching, really.

vicky610

Back to top Go down

Post  kaitlin602 Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:37 am

his uncle and his father taught him to fighting with his brain and wits. so before he revenged, he need to learn how to use his wits and how to win a battle costs the less sacrifice. i agree with their advices to wallace. if walllace revenge directly, he will lose his life soon and cannot succeed.but when he have learned how to use his brain, he can do more things, such as lead the war to win.
wallace love scotland, because scotland is his home and his father,brother and so many friends were sacriface for this land, he can never give up scotland, he want scotland be freedom.and though bruce's betrayed make he hurt and sorrow, for the whole scotland, he forgive him. because he know scotlnd need bruce. though at the end wallace were dead, his death let more and more scotlands stand up and fighting for freedom,so he won.

kaitlin602

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:51 pm

Part 2: William Wallace is no doubt a patriot and he values freedom and his love for Scotland more than anything else, including his life and estate. He rejects Longshanks's offer, or more accurately, bribery of making him a noble, providing him with title, estate and gold. Just as the question he arises in the movie, “shall we accept the lordship, titles, and gold, liberal politicians are offering that we should become Judas”? Or “shall we stand for what is right, forsaking the imperious nanny state hand-outs, entitlements that would make us slaves”? He sequentially claims that "slaves are made these ways". Even though he receives death penalty because of betrayal by Bruce, he doesn't surrender and beg for mercy from the King. He bursts out the last word of his life "freedom", astonishing any executioner and bystander present. It is worth of it because his sacrifice stimulates the anger of the rebels. He dies but he is immortal in ever Scot's heart.
In contrast with a vulgar as William, Bruce is a noble who possesses desire for freedom but values substances more than anything else. It is the desire for freedom that makes them friends, but titles, estates, and gold which can make people slaves trap him and make them end in different ways. Even friendship has to give way. People may say that Bruce doesn't betray him, it is his father. But as an actual commander of the country, how come he doesn't know anything about the scheme? Deep inside he approves it.

I love this move despite the blood and violence. But when I asked Chenny whether he likes it, he answered no. He doesn't have much feeling toward the movie. And when I shared with him some of my experiences in Taiwan about how foreigners think about the relationship between the mainland China and Taiwan, or why don't Chinese people elect our own chairman, he astonished me asking why would I care. Regarding that not everybody likes this kind of topic, I won't recommend it to people who have no interest in it. Otherwise, the violence and blood might even frighten them. But to me, the violence is not frightening nor exciting. The Scots want freedom, they have to pay. If the Chinese want freedom, we will pay some day.

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2