World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seabiscuit (Part 1)

+22
Rebecca604
kaitlin602
Irene608
Sophie615
Richard614
Ellen09
Doris605
sierra612
callie616
susan619
shirley621
victor625
sun618
Linda627
Alexander-611
star622
Anna!!!
Jenna624
vicky610
Sara607
Molly613
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty Seabiscuit (Part 1)

Post  Admin Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:22 am

In Life, there are things that happen to people, which causes many to give up hope. What motivates the other people not to give up? What motivates you? Cool

Admin
Admin

https://worldchangers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty Re: Seabiscuit (Part 1)

Post  Molly613 Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:02 am

I think there are so many reasons for us to begin and insist on one thing. They---responsibility, family, love, faith, dignity—can be the motivation. For me, at first, it can be the responsibility, and then become the interest and now it may be the habit. I believe that tomorrow will be finer than now if I persist in doing something.

Molly613

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty reply

Post  Sara607 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:24 am

Life is just like this. it goes with many accidents,such as bankrupt, death of close relatives and friends. All these may influence our attitude for life. In my opinion, many people choose to insist just because of their love for the people he/she cares. For me, my belief is my motivate, I know I'm not alone and everything will do me good if I recognize that it's permitted by God.HE may help me even at rainy days.Very Happy
Sara607
Sara607

Back to top Go down

Post  vicky610 Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:46 am

It is different as it comes to different people. For example, it is the belief in the bright future that motivates a revolutionary to keep on in terrible rough; it is the idea that this world shall be clear and fair that motivates a policeman struggle to do well in his hard work; it is the desire to live that motivates a patient with cancer to face the desperate disease; it is the support from friends or family that motivates a common people to cheer up from miseries. Sometimes a motivation could be as simple as a song, or even a word, if only the time & condition are right.

vicky610

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty hope is the best thing

Post  Jenna624 Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:23 pm

In the movie Shawshenk Redemption, there is a line that impresses me: hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. People’s lives are full twists and turns. There are totally smooth journey in this world. Some people give up half way because they cannot bear the disappointment and pain caused by failure. Failure is really a terrible thing in our lives, which may has a destructive effect. When people make efforts and wait for the bumper harvest, how they can face the fact that all is ruined? To me it is comprehensible. However, hope is the best of things. There is a hope, there is a way.
Different have different motivations, such as kinship, friendship, worship for money or pursuit for better life. For me, I want to live to realize my personal value and live a better life in the near future. So these are the things that give me strength to carry on.

Jenna624

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty PART 1

Post  Anna!!! Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Life is a box of chocolate, you never know what you gonna get. Some people lie down in the evening, but never wake up. Some people suffer a lot but harvest nothing. We always say: you get what you had sown. However, indeed, for some people, they just close their eyes to the world without seeing painstaking achievement.
I always believe that every dog has its day. So rather than bothering for the poor fruit, I would move forward my way, expecting nothing but seeing everything.

Anna!!!

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty encouragement

Post  star622 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:12 am

In life, sometimes a person may hit his bottom rock and think it is the end of the world. At this moment, other people’s encouragement will be like a dim light of hope for him. He will know he is not alone and many people are back up him so he can pull himself together and fight again.
As for me, I know clearly that my motivate come from expectations from my parents and myself. I expect to have a result of whatever I have done. even though the result is a failure and all my efforts are in vain. i believe that i have achieved something in the process and all i want is to draw a full stop to it.I have gone so far that it is pity to give up halfway. So I will tell myself that it will work and I can do it.

star622

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander-611 Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:33 am

Without hope we will loose our direction, loose our faith, and the meaning of life. Hope always gives me strength to move forward, no matter how hard the ways is, I will insist on without regret. I don't care if I could make my dream come ture or fail in the half way, I will do what I want. Maybe in the end, I cant get what I dreamed, but the hope really give me the chance to fight and keep me confident in the process of achieving my goal. We shold have hope, all the way of life.

Alexander-611

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty Someone or something very important for them!

Post  Linda627 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 pm

When hope is gone, some people may not go on their life normally. They give up themselves. But survival is not the only aim to live on. One has something, such as dream, or somebody, such as family in his heart. Even there is no hope, opportunity can be created by oneself. It is my belief----- if one does not give up life, God will never give up him. Maybe hope is just at the corner. For me, only if my family supports me and I have my dream, I will not give up and keep on finding hope patiently! I believe I have a bright future!

Linda627

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty For me

Post  sun618 Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:00 am

Admin wrote:In Life, there are things that happen to people, which causes many to give up hope. What motivates the other people not to give up? What motivates you? Cool

There did exist those people who give up when they are facing difficulties. But life is such a long journey which include both joys and tears. It's such a long way where there should be some setbacks and sorrows. When I'm sad and disappointed, I'd turn to my family and friends for help. They comfort me and give the courage to keep on going. In other ways, I'd go out to take a trip to relax myself and then when I look the matter again I will have totally different view toward it, instead of the pessimistic one that is the positive attitude. Very Happy
sun618
sun618

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty it is not the things that cause us to give up

Post  victor625 Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Admin wrote:In Life, there are things that happen to people, which causes many to give up hope. What motivates the other people not to give up? What motivates you? Cool
sometimes we have to give up, sometimes we cannot give up. the reason why we cannot give up is that we have not fulfilled our responsibility for our beloved---our country ,our family members, our friends and ourself. on the other hand, in the process of being responsible, we live up to our value as a man. in life, one should endeavor to live his life meaningfully and worthily. Basketball
victor625
victor625

Back to top Go down

Post  shirley621 Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:42 pm

In my narrow point of view, it is their belief in faith that motivates them not to give up. Everyone has faith in something. Faith is an umbrella that protects him/her from the rainy days; faith is the candle that brightens his/her way when darkness comes. You may never imagine how powerful that faith is. It also motivates me. I believe where there is a will, there is a way.

shirley621

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty REPLY

Post  susan619 Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:18 pm

It's pretty true that in our lives, we will encounter different kinds of things some of which are far beyond our imagination. If our life journey were lacking in setbacks and hardships, our life would not be complete to some degree. When confronted to these difficulties, some will give up, while some will persist on. I think the mainfactors which contributes a lot to their persistence are their strong belief in theirselves, their optimism toward life and future and the support from families and friends. All of the above things are toward positive sides which will make people feel happy even when they are in really hard situations.
As for me, what motivate me forward when i'm in difficulties are my strong belief in myself and the support from my family and friends. Always be confident, and never lose heart. And the encouraging words said by both my friends and my relatives will help me out finally. Above all, i strongly believe that everything will become better at last, and what we should do is just to carry on with your course cause where there's a will, there's a way. Very Happy
susan619
susan619

Back to top Go down

Post  callie616 Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 am

As far as I’m concerned, life is like climbing. The dream is waiting at the top. But the journey is not a plain sailing as people expected before. Probably people will get lost in the bush or get injuryed in the brambles. When they are blocked by the barriers, some are beaten by the failure and never have the courage to stand up again. Some choose not to bend their knees to the difficulties. They carry on with this journey. Finally, they meet with the dreams successfully at the top of the mountain. The reason for their victory is that they are led by the dreams and that they are not afraid of the failure. In addition, they draw a lesson from the failure, which lays the foundation for their final victory. As for them, the dreams are just like the stars directing them to the success.
What motivates me is my dream. I am dreaming of being a good businessman and I hope to live up to my parents’ expectations. When I feel frustrated, I often turn to my family for help. They comfort me and encourage me to persist. So I get refreshed and have the courage to go on climbing. Smile

callie616

Back to top Go down

Post  sierra612 Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 pm

There are many different reasons for different people, such as faith, love, hope, responsibility and belief in God. But as for me, the most important thing that motivates me not to give up is love. There are two kinds of love in my life, family love and friends’ love. Every time when I feel lonely and want to give up something, I will think of those who love me. Thingking of them, I will feel lucky and happy and I will feel that they don’t abandon me and there are someone who really care sbout me. At least I have the value of existing in this world. So there is no need for me to give up, both for them and more for myself. So I will live happily everyday. What’s more, faith is also very important for me. I believe I can make it, so I persist no matter how difficult the future road is!

sierra612

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty reply

Post  Doris605 Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:33 am

I think it is the love that motivates people not to give up in this film.The love to horse racing makes the Jockey not to give up. The love which the horse owner find in his life again is the motivation to him. And about the horse seabiscuit, it is the love from its owner that makes it go on racing.
If I want to give up one day, I think it will be the love of my families that helps me to finish what should be done.

Doris605

Back to top Go down

Seabiscuit (Part 1) Empty re:Admin

Post  Ellen09 Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:00 am

Well,when I see this question,the first scene which bounced into my mind is O Henry's novel called the last piece of leave. In the novel,the patient survived longer than doctors' expectations because of a piece of drawing leave.For him,the leave motivates him to survive and never give up his own life easily.Certainly, not everyone can have such a friend who are willing to draw leaf to continue our lifes.But our families,our friends,our lovers or all kinds of love motivates us to survive and never give up. As for me, it is my belief and my parents's and friends' love motivate me never to give up. flower

Ellen09

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard614 Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

When something bad happens to you, there is a way in which you can get yourself out. That is holding your direction and follow the hope.Life is an untraceable thing that you never know what will happen the next moment.But one can live only because of hope.Some people suicide was when they were young enough to do anything only due to thumbnail failures.Those are unbelievable and unacceptable to me.Anyone has the ability to change the world, not only the world of themselves, but also the whole world in which we are living today. When the world hurts you, barely beat back and you can get what you want. That is the way I am living
Richard614
Richard614

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie615 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Some people think they can't make a quick profit, so they give up the seemingly bad things. Or they don't have the patience to wait for the long-run profit. Those who doesn't give up sees the essential thing they can get and they do have the patience. In general, the ones who have patience can get surprising success at last.

Sophie615

Back to top Go down

Post  Irene608 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm

yes. it's common that some people sometimes have to give up their hopes or dreams because of this or that reason. our goals, in some way, are ideal, but the society is so practical that we will encounter many accidents during the process of fighting for the dream. so we have to always remember our motivates to remind ourselves of our goals. such as Hawking:although he is disabled and has problems in speaking, he never stop researching the outside space. for declosing the "Black Hole", he goes forward without hesitation. how great! as for me, what motivates me forward is to build up a happy family and to find a good job. maybe it's a little practical. but i love this process.
Irene608
Irene608

Back to top Go down

Post  kaitlin602 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:27 pm

in the movie, i think that the great depression made people lost their house, their work ,their money.only over one night,they lost everything they rely on to live.so they are confused and all at sea. so many of people give up hope. but still some people have the motive to go back the good time and struggled for this, they never give up although they suffered many things.for me, i think i will struggle for a good future and a comfortable life. and i should give my parents a rich life and my children a good envirenment.

kaitlin602

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca604 Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:30 am

I think different people have different motivation to keep them persistant. For me, what keeps me moving on is that the unseen result of a certain thing. If i think it is possible for me to reach there, i will not give up easily. on the contrary, if i give up on the half-way, i won't be on ease. I am always curious about what was deseterted on the half-way. if you don't persist, you can never make the possiblity. As long as i tried, i would not regret anymore.

Rebecca604

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella628 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:47 pm

In the movie Seabiscuit, the three man, had suufered bad things in their life. It was trying time they had been through. Lift is never smooth to anyone of us. Each of us is destined to meet difficults, more or less. As soon as one find his motivation, he will recover sooner or later. For me, my motivation is hope. This hope is come from my family, my friends and myself. My mother's expection, My friends' encouraging words, and my desire for a better future, will all be my motivation. As long as they exist, my hope will never lost.

Bella628

Back to top Go down

Post  Amelia026 Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 pm

There are many things that can give us motivation, and make us not give up. For example, family and friends’ support, self-confidence, and your dream all give you motivation to hold on. Among these three, self-confidence is the most important one. It is your internal motivation that pushes you progress. Family and friends will give you support and cheer you up. Dream is the light that illuminates your road when you go on.

Amelia026

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie620 Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 am

The expectation for better life, the desire for success, the hope from their family, and the believes in their hearts can all be motives that stops people from giving up easily. What motives me is my ambition. I want to do something to demonstrate that those who tell me "No, you can't" are wrong. And I will prove that I can do it and I won't let myself down.

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next