World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Patriot (I) Values and Rights

+19
Alexander-611
vicky610
Richard614
Cara601
callie616
Rebecca604
kaitlin602
Sophie615
Anna!!!
Sara607
star622
sun618
sierra612
Linda627
Irene608
shirley621
susan619
Molly613
Admin
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the Patriot (I) Values and Rights - Page 2 Empty reply

Post  Doris605 Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:32 pm

The biggest and foremost value of this movie is freedom. Freedom is always the first word comes to my mind when somebody refers to the USA. Before this film, I had already known something about American history, however I didn't know that the USA had sacrificed so much. Through this film, I have got a new and deeper understanding of the history in this period, and through the history, I know better that the freedom really counts in Americans mind. Freedom is not always against the oppression, it can also be one's guilty conscience. I think the guilty conscience in Martin's heart also plays a role in his patriotic movement. This guilty conscience comes from the suffer of his family in the war. He felt guilty that he hasn't protected his family well and hasn't made a right choice at the beginning. If he has decided to take actions, his family may be saved. So, in order to be free from this guilty conscience and for freedom itself he devoted to the glorified battle.

Doris605

Back to top Go down

the Patriot (I) Values and Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: the Patriot (I) Values and Rights

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Self-reliance: Benjamin's son is killed but he did not rely on other forces to avenge for his son. He took revenge on his own with the help of his other son.
The army didn't solely wait for the French to fight against the Redcoats but fought on their own, even though the militia were just farmers and not well-trained.
Keep and bear arms--Benjamin protected his family with his guns and taught his son to use the gun to avenge on the invaders.

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2