World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Susan in Patriot

+7
Sophie615
Amelia026
Ellen09
callie616
Jenna624
susan619
Molly613
11 posters

Go down

Susan in Patriot Empty Susan in Patriot

Post  Molly613 Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 am

I was moved when I saw the action that Susan cried and pleased her father not to leave. "Papa, don't go! I'll say anything. I'll say anything you want. Tell me what you want me to say. I'll say anything. I promise, Papa. Please don't go." At first, Susan was unwilling to say anything when her father asked her. Martin felt disappointed. However, when she saw her father leaving, she can't stand and cried out and ran towards her father. Susan loved her father greatly.

Molly613

Back to top Go down

Susan in Patriot Empty REPLY

Post  susan619 Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:17 am

Me too. I share the same feeling just as yours. When i saw this scene, i couldn't help bursting into tears. I was entirely moved by Susan and Martin. The love between parents and children is the most puring and most moving one in the world. Every time when we see this kind of scenes where departure usually happens, we are definitely moved greatly. However, Martin in this film has a great task to fulfil. He has to save his own country to get freedom from the cruel colonists. He must leave his dear children aside for a while and to shoulder his burden first. He has made his own choice between these two. He also makes promises to the kids that he will come back. We can see his love for his country and his kids are nearly the same. Moving and deep.
susan619
susan619

Back to top Go down

Susan in Patriot Empty She was just like the angle in the darkness

Post  Jenna624 Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:34 am

I shed tears when Susan ran to her father. She is so small and fragile compared with the grand wars, the fires and death. She was just like the angle in the darkness. In the battle, there was no mercy. But the love between the father and daughter is very moving.

Jenna624

Back to top Go down

Susan in Patriot Empty Re: Susan in Patriot

Post  callie616 Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:16 pm

That Susan was always taking a toy with her impressed me. When she was young, she witnessed her brother’s death. Probably, that was imprinted in her mind and had never been washed away. She lacked the sense of security and was always under the fear of losing her family members. Although she told her eldest brother she hated her father, she had a deep love for her father and really missed him. When her father went back to fight, she begged her father not to go. This little girl was worried about her father. She must have suffered a lot from the war. Poor little thing! Fortunately, her father came back and lived a happy life since the war ended.

callie616

Back to top Go down

Susan in Patriot Empty re:Molly

Post  Ellen09 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:29 am

Well, actually Susan is a very cute girl. After her mother's death,she wouldn't speak again.And we can imagine how she felt at such a young age when she lost her beloved mother forever.Although other people,for example her father,her brothers and sisters and her babysitter gave her more love,the love from mother cannot be replaced forever.So she rejected to speak until her father's departure. She didn't want to lose her farther again.And she didn't want to escape from her love for her families.Really moving!

Ellen09

Back to top Go down

Post  Amelia026 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:50 am

"Papa, don't go! I'll say anything. I'll say anything you want. Tell me what you want me to say. I'll say anything. I promise, Papa. Please don't go." This scene maybe the most impressive in the movie, producing a lot tears of audience. She was so young, so she could not understand her father’s position. But what is beyond doubt is that she loves her father, even though the words “I hate him” make our hearts clutched.

Amelia026

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie615 Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Tears also fall down my cheeks when I saw the moving scene. Children are simple in mind and their expression is sincere, that's what moves us most. From this we can also see that Martin loves each child deeply. Although Susan is the smallest, she can't express herself, Martin cares her thoughts most, and he tries his best to be a responsible father. That's also moving.

Sophie615

Back to top Go down

Post  sierra612 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 pm

When I watch movies or TV plays, what moved me most is this kind of separation of relatives. I can not see that kind of scene, because everytime I see, I will burst into tears. Yes, Susan loves his family very much, especially his father. But perhaps because she is young and lonely, she doesn’t know how to express her real feelings. Only when she faces the departure of his father can she express her love because little Susan feels the danger of her father and the possibility of losing his father. Therefore, I hope everyone can love his family members now, especially our parents. Don’t wait to know have lost!

sierra612

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara601 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:16 pm

To tell the truth, I shed tears when I heard susan's words.Let us imagine that if Benjamin never came back, what should his lovely daughter and young son do? A man is responsible for his country. But before that, he should be responsible for his own family. Is it wrong?
It is fortunate that Benjamin kept his promise.He came back at last. But not eveyone at war can control his own life. War give us more lost than victory.

Cara601

Back to top Go down

Susan in Patriot Empty i think

Post  sun618 Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Susan is as innocent as an angle. She is small, pure and adorable. Her love to the family members is the kindest thing in the world. She hates his father when his brother died in the enemy's hand, but that only reveals the intimacy between she and her brother. She cried out when father was going out to deal with the enemies, which moved most of the students. She is a flower blossoming in the fire of war, perseverant and peacefully.
sun618
sun618

Back to top Go down

Post  kaitlin602 Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:15 am

yes, susan love hisfather very much. Susan lost her mother when she is very young, so she didn't know what she's mother will like, so she only have father and brothers and sister. Her father and brother didn't now what she need, her sister is slso young, her aunt lives far away from them, so she didn't talk and behaved like an autistic child. In her heart, her father is the most important people and no one can replace he. when her father and brothers fighting in the war, she knew they are dangerous and might never came back, she broke the bar in her heart and told her father she didn't want he go. So susan was just didn't know how to express herself though she love them.

kaitlin602

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down