World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Q (Part 1)

+20
Linda627
Jenna624
vicky610
Rebecca604
Richard614
Alexander-611
Irene608
sierra612
Sophie615
Doris605
Ellen09
callie616
Molly613
shirley621
Sara607
Amelia026
susan619
star622
kaitlin602
MR. DUKES
24 posters

Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty John Q (Part 1)

Post  MR. DUKES Fri May 25, 2012 12:40 am

As a father, what would you sacrifice or do to save the life of your child? Cool

MR. DUKES

Back to top Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty Re: John Q (Part 1)

Post  kaitlin602 Sat May 26, 2012 5:38 am

Frankly, I am a girl now, so i cannot feel the parents feel when their child is sick and they have no way to save he.If i was the father in the movie, i would recieve others donation and try my best to make money, to ask the society for help. If i cannot get enough money , maybe i would do the same thing as he did, because i have no way to save his life, i just can sacrifice my life to save him.

kaitlin602

Back to top Go down

Post  star622 Sat May 26, 2012 9:40 am

I heard that the love from parents is out of instinct, which shows the greatness of love from parents. If I was a parent, I wound do everything to save my child’s life, moral or immoral, legal or illegal. When I was driven to corner, I might adopt some extreme behavior as well. I really feel sorry for the hopelessness of John Q. as a poor parent, facing a sick boy, what else can he do? It seems that the patients ‘lives are not worth a cent to some cold-blooded doctors.

star622

Back to top Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty REPLY

Post  susan619 Sat May 26, 2012 1:43 pm

Most of the cases, fathers will try all means to save their child. The relationship between the children and the parents is so close that it's doomed that they two should be bound together from the time when the children were born. Nothing can separate them apart. So, father will do everything he can to save the child regardless of the consequences sometimes and maybe unreasonably. Like the father in the film, stuck in the financial problem, altough he has sold all vulable things he owns, he still can't collect enough money to put his son's name on the recepient list and at last, he does something crazy to control the emergency room and make all the patients and doctors there hostages. This is crazy, but it reflects the strong love a father bears in his heart of his dearest son. Sad It's really moving.
susan619
susan619

Back to top Go down

Post  Amelia026 Sat May 26, 2012 4:18 pm

In this movie, this father was backed into a corner; he had no choice but make this kind of crazy thing. As a father, he could not wait to see his dear son die of heart disease. He had done all he could do to raise money to pay the hospital, but it was not enough far away. As the life of his son was fading, and even being turned out of the hospital, he could do nothing to save his son. He ran out of options, so he took the whole hospital as hostage. For my part, he could go to prison for his son; he was a great father.

Amelia026

Back to top Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty reply

Post  Sara607 Sun May 27, 2012 10:55 am

It's really hard to say for I was not in that position, parental love is great, however, in the opinion of me now, everyone has his own life, one should sacrifice for others but not too much. just like parents in China, after having children all their life focus change, to tell the truth, I don't like such life pattern. but on the other hand, life sometimes does not goes as you like, now you think you won't do such kind of thing but perhaps with the time goes on, your thought change and you do things you think which is impossible before. All in all, nothing is impossible, I really can't image what I would do if I was a father of that situation.
Sara607
Sara607

Back to top Go down

Post  shirley621 Sun May 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Well, I know I will never be a father. But if I am a mother, I will do everything I can do to save my children, too. But I will not act like the father in the movie to do things that against the law. I may find another way to save my children. I think the most selfless love in the world comes from parents. They will never mean to do things that hurt you and they never ask for return.

shirley621

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly613 Mon May 28, 2012 7:31 am

My Japanese teacher once said love of parents is their instincts but love of children is obligation, so parental love is the greatest love in the world. If I am the father in the movie, I will do something alike. Everything I possess including my life can be paid to save my son, even though I will break the law.

Molly613

Back to top Go down

Post  callie616 Mon May 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Smile Probably, for me, the question will change into: If you are the mother of a child, what will you sacrifice for him or her?
If I am the mother of a child, I will do as John does. My child is one of my family members. I love my child. I will try my best to make my child happy. In this movie, I am moved by John Q. He is mild and gentle. He doesn’t want to lose his son. To collect the money for the heart operation, he sells his furniture and car. He asks others for help. But, unfortunately, no matter how hard he collects money, he can’t pay for the expensive operation. His son is going to be dispelled from the hospital. He is at the end of his rope. To save his son’s life, he decides to suicide and transplants his heart to his son. He is willing to sacrifice his life for his son. How great paternal love! If one day I will be the mother of a child, I will spare no effort to make my child happy and healthy, though it will cost my life.

callie616

Back to top Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty re:Admin

Post  Ellen09 Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 am

As for me, I would like to do anything for him or her. In my eyes, the child is the continuance of my life. Someday, I disappear from the world forever.But my child will continue my life.Even,to some degree,he is another me.So,if I can,I want to take any effort to save him. Although sometimes, the behaviors of some parents who are aimed at saving their own children seem a little extreme,or rather illegal, the love from the parents is never to be criticized. Very Happy

Ellen09

Back to top Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty reply

Post  Doris605 Thu May 31, 2012 2:14 am

I could not understand John Q. Because he is such a kindhearted man, and he has many ways to choose except that extreme way, such as conduct a demonstration to put more pressure to the hospital authority. And I think the people will understand him and stand on his side. Rolling Eyes But now, I am really worried about him, as he has done such a irrational decision. What will the policemen do to him when the case is settled? And what will be the result? I hope there will be a happy ending.

Doris605

Back to top Go down

Post  Sophie615 Thu May 31, 2012 6:59 am

If I am a parent, I will do anything I can to save my child's life. Child is a treasure for parents, I can do anything I can to prevent from losing such a treasure. Maybe now we cannot understand what John does for his child, but when we become a parent we will understand. When we facing the fact of losing a child, we may become crazy, and nothing can stop us to save him or her.

Sophie615

Back to top Go down

Post  sierra612 Thu May 31, 2012 7:10 am

If I were a father, when my child is in trouble, I will try my best to save my child. I can sell my organs, such as one of my kidneys. Or I can sell my blood. All in all, I will do what I can do to collect money to save my child. I really can’t understand why the father choose that illegal way to save his child. In fact, there are many other choices for him to choose. If at last he could save his child, maybe his sacrifice is worthy. However, if he fails, it is so meaningless. I think society is unfair to them, I really hope people can help this poor family out of trouble.

sierra612

Back to top Go down

Post  Irene608 Thu May 31, 2012 11:44 am

'cauze we're now still students, we can never understand the true feelings of a father or a mother when he or she knows that his or her child is going to die in maybe a few days. So, suppose I am a father, I will of course sacrifice everthing to save my boy, even my life and my future, 'cauze he is my result. I should be responsible for him. And he is why I am struggling against the society for the rest of my life.
Irene608
Irene608

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexander-611 Thu May 31, 2012 1:23 pm

I think I will do whatever I could to save my baby, the love of parents for their own baby is the greatest love in the world. Many stories told us that the father is always the hero and he is omnipotent when the family is in trouble. As a good father he will do whatever to save his family, even if it will cause big troubles. As for me, if I were the father I will absolutly choose to save my boy with any cost, I will get money in what kind of way possible to cure my child. Because that's my duty as a father.

Alexander-611

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard614 Thu May 31, 2012 2:21 pm

Well, I think I might sacrifice whatever I have to save the life of my child if there is really something bad happened. Parental love is out of instinct, which is the most generous love in the world. Even in the case of doing some illegal things. In this film, John Q is a father with little salary. And he could not do much to save his child's life without doing some extreme things. To be cautious means death of his son. I feel sorry for him. However, if I was him, I may do the same thing.
Richard614
Richard614

Back to top Go down

Post  Rebecca604 Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 pm

I always think that parents's love is selfless and permanent. They are the only person standing by you for good. In china we have a saying as father's love is as sturdy as mountain. It is unshakable, at the same time, invisible. So i think father can do everything to save his child when needed. He may put off his dignity and self-esteen; he may beg for help in the risk of being laughed at; he may even sacrifice his own life to save his child if possible. In the movie, John tried his best to gain the sympathy of doctors. however, they just refused his pledge and which finally drove him to take the crazy act. Though it was a little irrational, he was helpless, this also revealed his deed love to his child.

Rebecca604

Back to top Go down

Post  vicky610 Thu May 31, 2012 5:39 pm

Though I am not married now, I think I will do as most Chinese parents. I can sacrifice anything for my kid if it is necessary. But it is hard to imagine that I will do something crazy because I always take many things into consideration when I make some serious decision. In a word, I’m relatively reasonable. Therefore, I may not choose his way to save my kid. Selling the organ or part of the organ is all I think about.

vicky610

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna624 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 am

In any welfare country, the health care is indispensible. In some countries that have relatively complete health care system, the governments are responsible for the health care for children. That’s to say, the parents are free of burden totally. But this do brings about some negative results. Some governments are thrown into debt crisis due to the high expenditures of welfare. So I think both the government and the parents of those children should shoulder the responsibilities for the health care with the government bearing the majority.
The government should allocate funds to upgrade the equipment in children’s hospitals and give subsidies to poor families with children.

Jenna624

Back to top Go down

John  Q (Part 1) Empty Everything!

Post  Linda627 Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:15 pm

As a parent, he/she is selfishless. It is the nature for mother or father's love. If I had a child, I will sacrifice everything for him/her. If I cannot protect him/her, I should not give birth to him/her. Child is the paradise of parents. They mean everything for them. If their child dies, the will have no hope to live on in the world.

Linda627

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna!!! Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:19 pm

If unfortunately I was the father, I will do whatever I can to save the life of my child. Since I am blessed with the kid from god, I have the responsibility to protect him from any sufferings, and give him the right to live a normal life. Because I cannot bear the world without him; His heath is my great happiness in the world.

Anna!!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm

MR. DUKES wrote:As a father, what would you sacrifice or do to save the life of your child? Cool

Since I'm not a parent, I cannot tell what I would do if my kid was sick. But as a child, I am willing to sacrifice for my beloved parents. I would do whatever I can to save them. But if I was seriously sick and barely incurable, I wouldn't bother my parents too much. I wouldn't tell them about my real condition and would leave them at the end of my life. When they are used to my being away from them, they might feel better to know the truth.

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

Post  Bella628 Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:14 pm

MR. DUKES wrote:As a father, what would you sacrifice or do to save the life of your child? Cool
The love of parents is out of instinct. If I were a father, I would do everything to save my baby. If i didn't do my best to save him, i would regret for the rest of my life.

Bella628

Back to top Go down

Post  Cara601 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:19 am

In fact, I don' know what i will do to save my child;s life, but I am sure that I can do everything i can do. Because I learnt this from my parents, I know that they sacrifice a lot for me. So if oneday I bacame a motherm, then Iwill do everything I can do for my child.

Cara601

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum