World changers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the Patriot Part 2 "the title"

+21
Anna!!!
Richard614
Doris605
Sophie615
Sara607
vicky610
Irene608
victor625
sierra612
susan619
Bella628
Jenna624
Alexander-611
Molly613
steven606
kaitlin602
shirley621
star622
sun618
Ellen09
Admin
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" - Page 2 Empty Re: the Patriot Part 2 "the title"

Post  Rebecca604 Sun May 06, 2012 12:44 pm

I think benjamin was a real patrioter in the movie. He was a father of seven children, and he loved his family very much. He was afraid of war; he was afraid of losing his family. And he knew he had to be responsible for his family and children. On the other hand, he also knew he had to be responsible for his country. He was self-contradictory all the time, but enventually, he chose his country and involved himself in the war. His image give us a real hero but a born hero. He struggled and struggled and finally sacrificed his own family to the war. He was a real patrioter.

Rebecca604

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" - Page 2 Empty Question 1

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:23 pm

Admin wrote:
The movie is called the Patriot.
Do you think this is an accurate title? Why?
Who do you think is the biggest patriot in the movie? Why?
What do you consider a patriot?

I don't think this is an accurate title. In the movie, the trigger of Benjamin's revenge is not the country being invaded, but his son's death. We can predict that if he could keep his family safe and sound, he might never have the chance to use his gun once more. Maybe "The Avenger" suits better.

Last edited by Jamie620 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" - Page 2 Empty Question 3

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:24 pm

As I see, the patriot takes his country as the prior concern even at the expense of his family. Because he knows, without the country, there will be no family. And if the country is conquered by aliens, all people will be slaves without any individual rights. There are many real patriots in Chinese history that sacrificed their families and themselves for the country. And I worship them. Maybe many foreigners couldn't understand them--we can see that few Chinese movies about traditional stories get Oscar awards--but in China, national interest is the priority.

Last edited by Jamie620 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" - Page 2 Empty Question 2

Post  Jamie620 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:40 pm

I think the biggest patriot in the movie is everyone in the army, not only on the American part, but also on the English and French part. The soldiers who join the army is a patriot to their own country; they pledge loyalty to their country so they dare to fight even though they know they may die any minute at the war. They are all patriots and we can't tell who is a bigger patriot.

Last edited by Jamie620 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jamie620

Back to top Go down

the Patriot Part 2 "the title" - Page 2 Empty Re: the Patriot Part 2 "the title"

Post  Cara601 Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:42 am

At first I don't think Benjamin is a patriot because he chose to look after his family instead of attend the War. But now I begin to realize that he is a real hero. War cannot put off the terror and hurt, only love can. People will die or lose their family in war. So the real pariot is the person who consider the safe and happiness of his country and his people. From this aspect I think he is a real patriot.

Cara601

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2