work ethic versus money

Go down

work ethic versus money

Post  star622 on Sat May 26, 2012 9:50 am

Nowadays there is a famous TV drama talking about the underlying truth about the career as a doctor. revealing the match between the conscience and money. even the best medical skill cannot rescure a heart which is rotten by materials. Which side will win?
I wonder what the ultimate aim of being a doctor is.to earn money ?doctor is a profitable job, he can be provided with a heavy pay check. to save people's lives?The high price of medicine and the difficulty of seeing doctors all make the threshold of hospital unattainable for common people.
What’s your opinions?

star622

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The main reason can be temptation!

Post  susan619 on Sat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Doctor, basically speaking, is a kind of occupation. The aim that people want to get a job is to get paid to survive. However, doctor is not only an occupation, it's a special kind of job concerning more with morality. In fact, most of the doctors are not bad in the bottom of their hearts. Unfortunately, the reality is crucial and cruel. The doctors also want to have a handsome income. And they know perfectly well that if they only rely on their basic income, they won't live a decent life and the only way out is to have extra income. Then they will cooperate with the drug makers and they will suggest the patients using expensive drugs, which has no need at all. So, the temptation has drawn them into the wrong way.
susan619

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: work ethic versus money

Post  Amelia026 on Sat May 26, 2012 4:09 pm

As the fee for medical service becomes higher and higher, people tend to be feared to go to hospitals, because they are afraid of not affording the expense. So we must know where the fee for medical service goes. Of course the doctors get the money as profits. But the problem is why they ask for so high a salary. As doctors who save the wounded and the dying, they work is to save many lives as possible rather than only save those who can afford. This is too unfair to the lives of the poor…

Amelia026

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara607 on Sun May 27, 2012 11:12 am

Nowadays, many people choose to be a doctor mainly because it's a good job to finding jobs and earning money. meanwhile, when they choose to be a doctor, they dream to be good ones ,heal the wounds and rescue the dying, however, when they really enter into the job career, they find the society is not what they think of,heavy life burden and high temptation while work passions fade away with time goes on, more often than not, they give up their dream to real life.
Sara607

View user profile

Back to top Go down

re:Star

Post  Ellen09 on Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 am

Well, when I was a little child,I thought to be a doctor is a very honored.You can save those who are in badly need of treatment.But, as time goes on, such thought disappears day by day.What I saw and what I heart ,even what I experienced told me that I had underestimated this profession. And every several days,we can see some reports on the "black hole" in hospitals.Some doctors neglect their duties under the motivations of profits.Money becomes their first request to save someone's life. Their professional mortality is fading gradually. So,I am wondering,why? When we promote to build up a modern society,is there any need for us to remove any humane behavior? It's worth thinking.

Ellen09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shirley621 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Doctors are supposed to be save lives by all means. However, they depend on money to make a living. Actually, money worship in nowadays society is getting more and more serious. Like that saying goes” Money is not everything, but without money we can do nothing.”
Some doctors are exception, but sometimes they may have to accept the money. I had read a news online, it is about this case: the doctor pretend to accept the money, otherwise the patients would have a sense of insecurity.

shirley621

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down